Seeking an ETL Specialist to work with analysts to understand business requirements and offer technical solutions for processing US Census Data into an Oracle RDBMS. ETL Specialist performs system design using standard methodologies and implements ETL procedures using PL/SQ and shell scripting languages. The ETL Specialist evaluates, redesigns, refactors, and modifies existing program logic to execute with adequate performance and data quality assurance, the data and meta data migration to the target environment and data model. The resulting solution has to satisfy overall system performance and maintainability requirements.
- Experience implementing ETL processes in a large production data warehouse
- Experience with developing Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures and anonymous/named blocks
- Experience with Perl and Korn shell scripting
- Experience with configuration management practices and procedures
- Experience with Oracle 11
- Experience in enterprise-scale relational Data Models and Data Warehouse, including relational models and the use of productivity tools, such as TOAD, and standard data modeling tools, preferably ER/Win
- Experience with diagramming and documentation requirements, including ERD, Data Dictionary, Data Flow Diagrams
- Experience with modeling and managing metadata
- Understanding of requirements for business intelligence, data marts
- Experience with Agile methodology, daily Scrums and 2-week sprints
- Candidate should be a fast learner, able to diagnose technical challenges through reading code and supporting technical documentation.
- Candidate should be a team player, able to work with analysts, developers and DBAs.
- Candidate should have 3-5 years of progressive experience in the area of ETL program development and operations
The candidate needs to be able to pass the standard background investigation for government work and must have been and authorized to work in the United States for at least 2 years preceding the application. Citizenship not required.