M-Cubed Information Systems is actively seeking qualified candidates to fill the full time position of Desktop Support Manager
– in support of the Network Enterprise Center – Aberdeen Proving Ground (NEC-APG)
Minimum Level of Clearance:
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Troubleshooting operating systems, applications and hardware issues.
- Installing operating systems, software and drivers. COTS applications supported include, but not limited to Internet Explorer, MS Outlook, MS Office, MS Office Communicator, Firefox, Adobe Reader, Lotus Sametime, Java, and PKI technologies.
- Provide support for customer applications and hardware using Remedy ticketing system. Hardware includes, but is not limited to desktop, laptop, and tablet PC platforms, as well as networked and standalone printers/copier/fax machines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides on-site field support to customers including installation, and servicing and repairing systems and equipment. Verifies and approves operational quality of system equipment.
- Resolves customer issues in the areas of hardware installation, repair, upgrade and maintenance. Assists in investigating and resolving complex installations and maintenance matters of significance.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of systems/equipment.
- Ensures issues are referred to the appropriate personnel/service areas for follow up, testing and troubleshooting.
- Performs analysis and prepares reports on system problem trends and issues.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Seven or more years of field support experience
- Experience working with the company's hardware, software and equipment products
- Experience working with customer technology and support requirements
- Experience with Remedy is a plus
- Experience supporting DoD customers is a plus
- Must receive Interim Secret clearance before starting.
- CompTIA Security+ CE required before starting.
- Microsoft on-line training to be completed within 6 months of starting.
- Must be able to remotely support customers over the phone, via remote control software and in person
- Experience supporting Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer is required
- Good interpersonal skills to work with customers and other unit personnel
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to resolve hardware and equipment problems
- Willingness to travel