The key objectiveis to provide a unified system that is integrated into the IRS’s modernized Infrastructure for the detection of fraudulent returns and refund fraud schemes to ensure timely issuance of refunds and credits that are legally due to filers, while preventing issuance of refunds and credits that are not legally due to filers.
In addition, the Internal Revenue Service has identified RRP as a major component for delivering Wage and Income functionality to the FATCA fraud detection and revenue prevention system to assist with the identification of non-compliance by U.S. taxpayers holding investment in foreign accounts.
The Informatica Developer is responsible for the development of ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) code. The candidate will collaborate with IRS and IBM Project teams to design and develop ETL code to load large amounts of data from other IRS internal data sources to the RRP system. Duties include:
Job Duty 1
- Design/Develop ETL Interface using Informatica tool. In addition, implement an Informatica based ETL solution fulfilling stringent performance requirements.
Job Duty 2
- Develop/Implement the coding of Informatica mappings for different stages of ETL. Move staging table to the target table.
Job Duty 3
- Design, coding, unit testing of ETL packages, triggers, and stored procedures, views, SQL transactions
Job Duty 4
- Understand and comply with development standards and SDLC to ensure consistency across the project.
Job Duty 5
- Collaborate with Client SMEs, IBM team and other vendor teams.
General knowledge of basic office software such as MS Office Suite as well as good communications skills are a given.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Active IRS MBI
- Knowledge of IRS business systems and data,
- Strong PostGres SQL experience (4+ years)
- Experience with Informatica Power Center; SQL (4+ years)
- Strong experience with ETL development and process from diverse data sources (4+years)
- Advanced experience with Informatica Power Exchange, Control-M
- Experience with data modeling concepts
- Experience in development, maintenance, and enhancement of Informatica Mappings, Work-flows, and processes (4+ years)
- Experience with Data Warehouse; Oracle; Linux; AIX
Please note these are nice to have skills. It does not preclude a candidate who does not possess all or some of these skills from the selection process but this could be used as a differentiator between candidates:
- Prior IRS experience
- Strong oral and written business communication skills desired
- Knowledge of IRS business systems and data, is an extra plus