The key objective is to provide a unified system that is integrated into the IRS’s modernized Infrastructure for the detection of fraudulent returns and refund fraud schemes to ensure timely issuance of refunds and credits that are legally due to filers, while preventing issuance of refunds and credits that are not legally due to filers.
The Database Developer is responsible for the development, test, debugging and implementation of code for the RRP system Duties include:
Job Duty 1 with 40% of time
- Support PL/SQL development in Greenplum environment
Job Duty 2 with 30% of time
- Provides application and user support and perform troubleshooting
Job Duty 3 with 10% of time
- Understand and comply with development standards and SDLC to ensure consistency across the project.
Job Duty 4 with 20% of time
- Collaborate with Client SMEs, IBM team and other vendor teams.
General knowledge of basic office software such as MS Office Suite as well as good communications skills are a given.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Active IRS MBI
- Must have extensive hands on experience as a database (PL/SQL) developer and be comfortable with complex development and testing (5+ years)
- Must be experienced with designing databases and developing entity-relationship diagrams. (5+ years)
- Must have production support experience. (3+ years)
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with logical/physical data design
- Experience with database performance monitoring and tuning (2 years)
- Experience in development, maintenance, and enhancement of Informatica Mappings, Work-flows, and processes (4+ years)
- Experience with Data Warehouse; Oracle; Linux; AIX
- Experienced in RDBMS
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Please note these are nice to have skills. It does not preclude a candidate who does not possess all or some of these skills from the selection process but this could be used as a differentiator between candidates:
- Prior experience with the Internal Revenue Service and/or the Department of the Treasury
- Demonstrated experience in understanding unclear customer requirements and how they translate into technical tasks