Transformatiomn Advisors Group is looking for a Solaris Systems Engineer
Provides technical expertise in the development and implementation of technology solutions including; platforms, operating systems, and infrastructure tools across the enterprise. Develops and implements standards in order to provide an enterprise level of support. Partners with infrastructure teams to provide the business with the best possible solutions. Keeps up to date on technology trends.
The Solaris Systems Engineer is responsible for making sure the day-to-day support teams have what they need to manage the environment and will assist in troubleshooting issues as needed.
* Implements infrastructure technology requested by business units.
* Engineers technology solutions supporting the infrastructure environments.
* Documents and publish standards for infrastructure technology.
* Identifies, documents, manages, and resolves issues. Provides root cause analysis.
* Prioritizes, defines, assigns, validates, and closes routine system requests.
* Reviews metrics for quality control and capacity management.
* Provides technical expertise and advice to programmers and other departments.
* Provides setup and support for Disaster Recovery environment.
* Creates and manages scripts for Solaris management.
* Reviews patches for applicability to the environment. Perform patching of Solaris servers.
* After-hours support is required for this position (on-call rotation and maintenance).
* Other duties as assigned
* Knowledge of standards in IT architecture and infrastructure (ITIL, NIST, etc.)
* Command of UNIX operating systems including Solaris 10 and 11 on SPARC and x86 hardware
* Solaris packaging experience preferred
* Experience working with Solaris virtual technologies (LDOMs, zones/containers)
* Experience with high availability, specifically Sun Cluster
* Experience with Oracle's storage technologies, including ZFS
* Understanding of enterprise platforms and operating systems
* Ability to design hardware and software builds, systems options, and risks analyses
* Volume management experience
* Experience with utilizing SAN storage
* Scripting Experience (perl, KSH, etc)
* Experience supporting web farms with Apache and/or Tomcat
* Experience supporting application farms with either WebLogic or JBOSS
* Experience with SSL termination and SSL certificates
* Server and application monitoring
* Understanding of a multi-tier infrastructure design
* Ability to work well within a team and corporate environment
* Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems effectively as well as provide solutions
* Ability to respond to 24x7 production support escalations (when required)
* Documentation skills
* Experience with Change Management, Incident Management and audit compliance for SOX applications
Education and Experience:
BS and 5+ years or equivalent