This position is responsible for leading a team of Middleware Engineers to support LOB (Line of Business) applications and performance monitoring and tuning, maintain/upgrade/patch COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) software, and administrate servers as relate to the QA, ITF, V&V, PROD and TRAINING environments. The Lead will develop effective relationships with internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- Install, configure and manage Oracle Fusion Middleware (OFM) suite of tools, such as WebLogic, OBIEE, BPEL, Web Center Interaction, Universal Content Manager (UCM), and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Configuration and management of OFM products on UNIX and Linux environments.
- Work with J2EE framework components including JDBC, JMS, and JNDI.
- Tune Java heap size for the appropriate applications.
- Write Linux/UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Download and apply patches.
- Analyze root cause of install-related issues and provide solutions.
- Resolve install related issues with Oracle support via service request.
· Ensures environments are ready when ADO (Application Development Organization) code is dropped for deployments and coordinating as necessary with internal and external stakeholders.
· Provides oversight of environment performance for applications, hardware and software once installed in the HCQIS Qualitynet environment.
· Plans and develops policies and procedures for hardware and software entering the ITF.
· Represents Ventech in meetings and conferences and presents briefings as required.
· Coordinates with both internal Ventech and external staff to accomplish the team's engineering efforts.
· Meets with subordinates to discuss progress of work, resolve problems, and ensure that standards for quality and quantity of work are met.
· Adjusts hours of work, priorities, and staffs assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on work load.
· Consults with hardware and software vendors to solve problems impeding testing.
· Evaluates adequacy of existing hardware, and recommends purchase of equipment.
This position may supervise up to a total of 30 employees. The incumbent is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. These responsibilities include interviewing, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Problem Solving
· Technical Skills -
· Interpersonal Skills -
· Oral Communication
· Written Communication
· Teamwork –
· Quality Management
· Organizational Support
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related fields; and at least 10 years of IT management experience.