If the successful candidate does not possess an IRS MBI, he/she must be able to obtain one in order to retain the position.
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT AND TASKS
Statement of Work:
MeF is a platform for electronically filing returns with the IRS. It provides SOA based web services that filers use to submit returns, and provides web applications for IRS users to work with the returns. MeF validates filed returns, determines their disposition, and interfaces with other IRS systems for downstream processing of the returns. IBM developed and enhanced MeF since 2001.
Developer to design and develop JEE/Java components as part of the IRS Modernized e-File solution in compliance with project guidelines, perform testing and integration, maintain Java components as required.
- Design and develop J2EE/Java components as part of the IRS Modernized e-File solution in compliance with project guidelines – 50%
- Perform unit and development level integration testing as needed – 15%
- Perform code maintenance based on needs of IBM testing, customer testing, and production issues. – 15%
- Support of integration of MeF infrastructure components with remainder of MeF application – 10%
- Documentation of software design and code – 10%
- Java and JEE (Web Services, JMS, EJB’s, MDB’s and JMX) development – 7 years
- XML Schema development – 2 years
- Oracle and SQL - 2 years
- Rational Software Architect or Eclipse – 3 years
- Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest - 2 years
- Software Engineering methodology - 3 years
- Automated unit testing using Junit.
- Familiarity with object-relational frameworks especially Hibernate
- Experience developing applications on IBM WebSphere Application Server