Can Candidate begin work while MBI investigation is being conducted?
__x__ Yes, but only 45 calendar days after the MBI application is submitted to the IRS, or Interim approval of the MBI has been granted, whichever occurs first. Should the IRS reject the MBI application at any time after the candidate starts work, the candidate will have to depart and project and have his/her purchase order immediately terminated.
Will Candidate access or have access to IBM or Customer Personal Data?
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT AND TASKS
||IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance to retain position is required.
||IRS Full Background Investigation (FBI) clearance to retain position is required.
Statement of Work:
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will administer the various tax provisions included in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), many of which either add to or amend the tax code, and several that require the IRS to build new tax administration processes that do not currently exist. The IRS Affordable Care Act (ACA) Coverage Data Repository (CDR) project will create a data repository to serve as the backbone for approximately 16 other ACA projects. This will include acting as the operational database for ACA projects; storing data from ACA projects; and making data available to IRS systems, Health and Human Services (HHS) and other external organizations.
This individual will act as a Senior Application and Data Integrator for the ACA CDR project and will be responsible for working with the ACA application teams to understand the nature of interfaces to CDR and the architecture of the application. This person will design the appropriate interface and data interactions for each, while being cognizant of opportunities for reuse and standardization of interactions across applications.
- Coordinate and lead interface and data design sessions within the CDR Project team as well as across multiple internal IRS and external organizations (insurance exchanges, Health and Human Services, Treasury, Employers, Insurers. – 50%
- Work with the CDR application teams to understand the nature of data and application interfaces to CDR and the architecture of the application. Design the appropriate interface and data interactions for each, while being cognizant of opportunities for reuse and standardization of interactions across applications – 25%
- Implement standards-setting for CDR interfaces with ACA application interaction which make best use of existing standards for interfaces, messaging formats, and service deployment – 10%
- Coordinate and lead data modeling, data integrations activities based on application needs – 15%
Suppliers, please note these are the top technical skills that the Buyer feels a candidate MUST have. General knowledge of basic office software such as MS Office Suite as well as good communications skills are a given.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in designing application and data interfaces to high-volume, complex data environments) – 7 years
- Demonstrated experience in designing IRS systems, Data Integration and application Interfaces – 7 years
- Technical team leadership experience in the area of interface design, data integration including modeling and design, complex data mapping and transformation rules – 7 years
- Deep understanding of IRS data, applications and processes – 7 years
- Systems analysis/systems engineering experience – 7 years
- Experience with ETL tools like Informatica, Databases (Oracle) with ability to design/write SQL – 3 years
- An active IRS Medium Risk MBI is preferred but not required to start under this RRF. The IRS will allow candidates to apply for their MBI's but not start on the contract until 45 calendar days after the MBI application is submitted, or when they receive their Interim MBI approval, whichever comes first. Should the IRS reject the MBI application at any time after the candidate starts work, the candidate will have to depart and project and have his/her purchase order immediately terminated.
Suppliers, please note these are nice to have skills. It does not preclude a candidate who does not possess all or some of these skills from the selection process but this could be used as a differentiator between candidates.
- IRS system and data knowledge experience
- Healthcare system experience
NOTE: This position is a combination remote/work at home and work at the IRS office. Depending on the needs of the business, the worker may need to work at the IRS building in New Carrollton, MD 25% of the time. This can vary from week to week.